Although we live in a time of remarkable medical services there is no health care as important as the care you can give yourself.
Modern medicine is so miraculous that it is easy to believe that doctors and other experts are responsible for our health. We often go to medical providers to get fixed.
Remember: The most important aspect of health care is the one that you are in charge of: Self Care.
Seven Reasons to Claim Self Care as Your Primary Health Care
1. Self Care is your most effective form of health care. The way you care for yourself is the biggest determinant of your health, happiness, quality of life and the way you will age.
2. Self Care is a joyful way of living. Practicing self care is a way of saying yes to your life on a daily basis.
3. Self Care is empowering!
When you claim self care as your primary form of health care you take back control over your life and your health.
4. Self Care is cost effective.
You will save money and time by practicing self care. By regularly taking fabulous care of yourself you will need far less medicine and fewer surgeries, doctors’ visits and procedures.
5. Self Care has no substitute.
Whether you prefer to use conventional western medical care, alternative practices, or as I recommend, a combination of the two, there is no medical care that substitutes for self care. No surgery, medical procedure, medicine or expert can compensate for lack of self care.
6. Self Care complements and enhances every other form of health care you utilize.
When you commit to daily, positive self care, whatever form of health care you use is enhanced and the benefits are increased.
7. Self Care is the most holistic form of health care.
Self care involves and improves every aspect of your life including physical, mental, emotional and spiritual health, relationships, play and work.
When you commit to practicing the most important form of health care: Self- Care, every aspect of your life will improve. You will create, through your attitudes and daily choices, optimal health and well-being that no medicine, surgery, medical system or expert can provide.
Self Care starts right where you are, right now.
Whatever the state of your health, whatever your life circumstances, there are many things you can do on a daily basis that will help you enjoy your best health, wellbeing and vitality, for all the years of your life.